Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Method Man and Hip Hop



“It could get better,” Meth stated when addressing the state of Hip Hop today. “The state of music itself is in such turmoil because these kids have finally recognized their power. I’ve been telling them for years that they are the ones that have the power and set the trends. There doing it and they don’t even know they are doing it. All that downloading their doing is crippling the music industry.”

“And that all trickles down into the quality of music and how the record labels conduct their business. The music is getting treated like fast food. There’s no movement in it anymore. No emcee, all rappers,”

The Ice-T/Soulja Boy situation was brought up and Method Man gave some insight on the situation.

“Ice-T is an OG he don’t need to be even addressing nothing like that but he felt the need to address it for the love of Hip Hop and all that and I respect that. But him being the status that he’s at he shouldn’t be addressing someone like Soulja Boy – nor should Snoop Dogg,” he said. “But (Soulja Boy) is out there like that. If he wasn’t put out there like he was the truth I don’t think anyone would have a problem with him like that. Because lyrically he’s not the truth that’s no secret.”

“These kids like him, so be it. Don’t hate on the little nigga, congratulate him,”. “Don’t get me wrong though…I’m not bigging up Soulja Boy. I think the nigga sucks too! I think he’s garbage. I don’t think everybody should be blaming him for the state of Hip Hop right now. It’s not solely his fault.”


I think that was very well put but in my opinion I wouldnt congratulate Soulja Boy because i dont feel the need to congratulate someone thats not putting quality music out there. And I love Method Man ...Hes the Truth. Not to mention hes sexy as hell lol. But in all seriousness i respect him for adressing some of the problems in hip hop today and i think he was on point.

Meth & Red are in the studio working on another collaboration.=]

No comments:

Post a Comment